The Garmin Varia Radar Tail Light is an essential gadget for any cyclist. There are 2 versions…
Version 1 -Garmin Varia RTL515 Rear View Radar with Taillight
See and be seen with Varia™ RTL515 rearview radar with tail light. It pairs with your Edge® bike computer, other Garmin device or compatible smartphone to alert you of vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away. When used with your compatible smartphone, the Varia™ app helps increase your awareness with vibration alerts and more. With daylight visibility up to 1 mile, motorists will be able to see you from a distance. The radar’s compact vertical design allows for device mounting on most road-use bicycles. And peloton mode provides a low-intensity flash that is kind to other riders’ eyes when riding in a group.
Run times: Up to 16 hours in daylight flash mode, up to 6 hours on steady
Version 2 – Garmin Varia RCT715 Rear View Radar With Camera and Taillight:
It looks back while you ride ahead. The Garmin Varia RCT715 rearview radar with camera and tail light continuously records your ride and automatically saves footage before, during and after events if it detects an incident. The bright tail light makes you more visible to motorists. And Varia RCT715 integrates seamlessly with your Garmin bike computer or the Varia mobile app on your paired smartphone to alert you to traffic as you ride. The app lets you easily access your footage, transfer videos or customize camera settings such as data overlays. A selection of operation modes lets you flex camera and tail light features to maximize battery life for longer rides.
- Capture sharp, clear video in 1080p at 30 fps, or set the resolution at 720p to extend battery life for longer rides
- Easily view footage and control the camera via the Varia mobile app
- Automatically detects incidents and saves footage before, during, and after events if it detects an incident
- Rearview radar detects vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away and integrates with your Edge bike computer, select Garmin wearables or the Varia app on your paired compatible smartphone to provide alerts
- Choose from three modes to maximize battery life: always-on, lights and radar only, or radar-activated mode, which turns on the camera when an approaching car is detected
- Ready to use right out of the box with included 16 GB SD card
There are no reviews yet.