Fizik Terra Argo X5 is A gravel-specific saddle with a short nose and a combination of a ride-compliant carbon-reinforced nylon shell and S-Alloy rails.
A ride-compliant, gravel-specific saddle with a short-nose design and generous ischial support for improved stability.
Fizik Terra Argo X5 Offers Greater Stability:
Where a traditional saddle shape encourages riders to shift their position frequently for better leverage, the Argo puts riders in a more planted position, making for greater stability and better weight distribution. The Fizik Terra Argo X5 short length allows riders to sit further forward without placing undue pressure on sensitive areas. It also features an ergonomic cut-out that was developed using detailed pressure analysis and input from medical experts.
Fizik Terra Argo X5 a Gravel Specific Saddle:
The Fizik Terra Argo X5 is Fizik’s most versatile saddle shape, with each version suited to different riding styles. As the gravel-specific option, the Terra Argo has been engineered with a compliant shell to offer a certain degree of flexibility. This controlled elasticity absorbs road chatter and vibrations, delivering the comfort needed for long-distance riding over unpaved roads.
Fizik Terra Argo X5 Offers Stability and Responsiveness:
To better support the Terra Argo’s flexible shell, we used our closed-loop Mobius rail system for increased structural stability and responsiveness. The Terra Argo features a waved profile to provide the lower-back support necessary for long rides and to help riders hold their position while climbing on loose terrain. The same goes for the dropped-nose design which allows riders to rotate their pelvis while pushing forward on the nose for better traction and power transfer.
Fizik Terra Argo X5 is Perfect for Long Distance Comfort:
The padding is made from fizik’s proprietary Type-2 foam formulation, slightly thicker around the ischial sit bones area to support a more upright riding posture. The cushioning is slightly softer and more progressive than the type we use on our racing saddles, providing more long-distance comfort.
Fizik Terra Argo X5 Features and Technologies:
- Argo: versatile short-nose saddle that encourages stability and relieves pressure on sensitive areas
- X5: A combination of a ridecompliant carbon fiber reinforced nylon shell and an S-Alloy rail
- Mobius Rail: Closed loop design for added strength and weight distribution
- Wingflex: The shell’s side edges flex and adapt to a rider’s inner leg movement
- Type 2 foam: Progressive cushioning, with a lower compression modulus
- Terra: All-terrain series designed to take you beyond your boundaries
- Intended use: Gravel
- Concepts: This is a product of the fizik Concepts programme, a cross-disciplinary collaboration of leading industry experts and academics carrying out research and analysis on technology, design, physiology and bike-fitting in search of ways to improve cycling performance.