Darimo Epilson UD Gloss Carbon Integrated MTB Handlebar – 740mm – Negative 17° – UD GLOSS
For some time now, some of the currently lightest carbon parts for all types of bikes have come from the Darimo carbon forge, which is located in the beautiful area around Valencia on the east coast of Spain.
With the Epsilon stem-handlebar unit for MTBs, Darimo Carbon is once again raising the bar a notch. Made from high-quality carbon fibers, it weighs less than most handlebars without a stem.
Darimo uses a specially developed lamination process. Depending on the width and stem length, the layer structure is individually adjusted. Neuralgic points are reinforced, elsewhere less material is needed. This not only achieves the sensational weights but also passes the ISO 4210-2 test standard and the components can be approved for a rider weight of up to 90 kg. In addition, titanium screws and aluminum barrel nuts make the epsilon unit easier and still ensure reliable clamping on your steerer tube.
Due to the large selection of stem lengths and inclinations, every racer will find their optimal setup. The cockpit, which is lowered significantly, always puts enough pressure on the front wheel and always ensures sufficient ground contact. In order to survive long races without aching arms, the handlebars have a pronounced back sweep. This puts your wrists in an anatomically ideal position without buckling too much.
An interesting and useful feature is the inner reinforced bar ends. If you fall or your bike simply falls on its side, the risk of damage is definitely lower. Therefore, Darimo does not recommend shortening the handlebars.
IMPORTANT Assembly Instructions for Darimo Epilson UD Gloss Carbon Integrated MTB Handlebar:
The instructions for the product must be observed. The stem may be clamped to the steerer tube with a maximum of 4 Nm and a torque of 2 Nm should not be exceeded on the shift/brake levers. Please approach the necessary force for secure attachment and comply with the maximum values. We recommend using a high-quality carbon assembly paste for assembly. If you do not have the necessary specialist knowledge or tools for correct installation, the installation must be carried out by a specialist workshop with the appropriate knowledge.
Darimo Epilson UD Gloss Carbon Integrated MTB Handlebar Technical Specifications:
- Intended use: cross country, marathon, XC MTB
- Materials: carbon
- Handlebar width: 740mm
- Rise: 0mm
- Back sweep: 9°
- Upsweep: n/a
- Stem tilt: -17°
- Stem Length: 70mm, 60mm
- Steerer diameter: 1 1/8″
- Clamp height steerer tube: 33 mm
- Can it be shortened? Not recommended by the manufacturer
- Bar end Compatible: No information from the manufacturer
- Max. Rider Weight: 90 kg (driver including clothing and possibly Hydration pack)
- Max. tightening torque: 4 Nm Stem | 2 Nm brake and shift lever (1 Nm SRAM level)
- Finish: UD Black Gloss
- Decal: Crome
- Made in Spain 🇪🇸
Included With Purchase:
- 1x Darimo Epilson UD Gloss Carbon Integrated MTB Handlebar – 740mm (Choice of Stem Lenght) – Negative 17° – UD Gloss Finish
- 1x Small container of Assembly Paste
- 1x DARIMO NEXUM Garmin MountWeight according to the manufacturer: 148g (with 60 mm stem length), 170g (with 80 mm stem length)