Vittoria Barzo XC-Trail Anthracite Tire – The XCO World Champion tire
Riding technical XC? The Vittoria Barzo XC-Trail Anthracite Tire is the choice of multiple World Champions, as well as the winner of the BC Bike Race. How can such an aggressive XC tire roll so fast? The magic starts in the center tread, where we place an alternating ridge design, and progressive sipe angles. Cornering duties are handled by the moto-style block knobs, laid out in a proven V-formation. The result is a tire that corners as fast as it rolls, while still offering the protection of a full-depth tread. Rocks and roots? Check. World Championship? Check.
The Vittoria Barzo XC-Trail Anthracite Tire allows you to crush those technical cross-country courses at speed and lets you saddle up for mountain bike stage races without worrying about your tire choice. Using square profile knobs for both durability and stability, the tire grips a variety of trail surfaces all while keeping rolling resistance to a minimum. Its progressive sipe angles allow the tire to dig in even harder the further it’s leaned over. It’s simply a great all-around tire that covers most of your trail condition bases as both a front and rear tire.
Tread is important but it’s only one ingredient that makes up a tire. Underneath those knobs is Vittoria’s XC-Trail TLR casing made from nylon and sports 120 threads per inch. This casing is lightweight and boasts additional sidewall protection with an additional protection layer. Holding the tire onto the rim and forming an airtight Tubeless-Ready seal is its folding Aramid bead. But if you are looking for even more weight savings and more speed you can check out the XC-Race version.
However, the Vittoria Barzo XC-Trail Anthracite Tire has 1 weakness and that is hard pack super dry conditions. For those conditions, the best tire treat would be between the Vittoria Mezcal and the Vittoria Terreno. Both tires are designed for fast rolling dry conditions and depending on your course they will be the perfect pairing for your next event.
Vittoria owns the only extruder in the world that allows for 4 compounds in a single tread which it then fortifies with Graphene 2.0. This allows Vittoria to fine-tune the flex of the tread-base and tread-surface separately, placing the correct durometer Graphene 2.0 compound exactly where it is needed for maximum cornering, climbing, rolling, and braking performance. Additionally, durability and puncture protection is also improved, as the base compound resists punctures, and provides a more stable base for the tread.
Vittoria Barzo XC-Trail Anthracite Tire details
- An XC tire with an aggressive tread for most technical courses
- A progressive sipe angle pattern increases cornering grip
- Square knobs offer stability and durability
- Graphane 2.0 compound increases wet weather grip
- 4 compounds in the tread balance traction, rolling resistance, and longevity
- Aramid bead offers an easy tubeless-ready setup
- Vittoria Barzo XC-Trail Anthracite Tire is the XCO World Champion tire. It is the tire of choice for Jordan Sarrou, 2020 World Champion.
- Aggressive XC tire that rolls fast! The magic starts in the center tread, where we place an alternating ridge design, and progressive sipe angles.
- Cornering duties are handled by the moto-style block knobs, laid out in a proven V-formation. The result is a tire that corners as fast as it rolls.
- Aggressive XC tread for the most technical terrain. Available with World Championship-proven TNT bead technology.
- Vittoria is the official tire of USA Cycling. Tire choice of professional riders in the peloton. Winner of Tour de France, Giro d’Italia, Vuelta an España, Classics, World Championships, European Championships, and Olympic Games.
Learn More about the Vittoria Barzo XC-Trail Anthracite Tire:
Check out a good review of the Barzo tires here.
There are no reviews yet.